We will store all the personal information you provide on its own record for a period of seven years. This notice tells you how we make use of your health information , how we might disclose your health information to others, and how you can get access to the same information.
Please review this notice carefully and feel free to ask for clarification about anything in this material you might not understand. The privacy of your health information is very important to us and we want to do everything possible to protect that privacy.
We have a legal responsibility under the laws of the United States to keep your health information private. Part of our responsibility is to give you this notice about our privacy practices. Another part of our responsibility is to follow the practices in this notice.
We have the right to change any of these privacy practices as long as those changes are permitted or required by law.
Any changes in our privacy practices will effect how we protect the privacy of your health information. This includes health information we will receive about you or that we create here at this practice. These changes could also effect how we protect the privacy of any of your health information we had before the changes.
When we make any of these changes, we will also change this notice and give you a copy of the new notice.
When you are finished reading this notice, you may request a copy of it at no charge to you.
If you request a copy of this notice at any time in the future, we will give you a copy at no charge to you.
If you have any questions or concerns about the material in this document, please ask us for assistance which we will provide at no charge to you.
Here are some examples of how we use and disclose information about your health information.
We may use or disclose your health information…
- To your physician or other healthcare provider who is also treating you.
- To anyone on our staff involved in your treatment program.
- To any person required by federal, state, or local laws to have lawful access to your treatment program.
- To receive payment from a third party payer for services we provide for you.
- To our own staff in connection with our operations. Examples of these included, but are not limited to the following: evaluating the effectiveness of our staff, supervising our staff, improving the quality of our services, meeting accreditation standards, and in connection with licensing, credentialing, or certification activities.
- To anyone you give us written authorization to have your health information, for any reason you want. You may revoke this authorization in writing anytime you want. When you revoke an authorization it will only effect your health information from that point on.
- To a family member, a person responsible for your care, or your personal representative in the event of an emergency. If you are present in such a case, we will give you an opportunity to object. If you object, or are not present, or are incapable of responding, we may use our professional judgment, in light of the nature of the emergency, to go ahead and use or disclose your health information in your best interest at that time. In so doing, we will only use or disclose the aspects of your health information that are necessary to respond to the emergency.
- By law, we may disclose private health information in a number of circumstances in which you do not have to consent, give authorization, or otherwise have an opportunity to agree or object. Those circumstances include:
· When the disclosure relates to victims of abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
· For judicial and administrative proceedings. For example, we may disclose PHI about you in response to an order of a court or administrative tribunal or to defend ourselves against a lawsuit or legal proceedings brought against us by yourself.
· To avert a serious threat to health or safety. For example, we may disclose PHI about you to prevent or lessen a serious and eminent threat to the health or safety of yourself or others.
We will not use your health information in marketing, development, public relations, or related activities without your written authorization.
We cannot use or disclose your health information in any ways other than those described in this notice unless you give us written permission.